Transportation is relevant for economic development, for the trade, education and health system. Transport in Africa is hard and expensive, according to a study of world bank more expensive than in Europa and 6x more expensive than in Pakisthan. Fossil fuels has to be transported over hundreds of miles - on weak infrastructure. While affordable solar electricity powering electric vehicles can be produced on the spot.
- 1 litre of petrol to run 25 km on a motor bike costs >0.8 USD
- 0.25 kWh to rund 25 km on an electric bicyle costs <0.05 USD
- 4 kWh to rund 25 km with an electric vehicle costs 0.6 USD
The suggested Ranger EV is versatile on bad roads and can load more than 400 kg. The stand-alone PV booth supplies power for e-vehicles, e-bicycles and other items.
ibee studer is arranging and financing solar mobility hubs for:
- NGO logistics
- local businesses, e.g. solar installation companies
- tourist sites
- logistic service providers
Compared to driving 50 km on 300 days, about 1'000 litres of petrol can be saved by one hub annually.
Contact us to launch a solar mobility hub: firstname.lastname@example.org